Hope365 is registered in Northern Ireland NIC 104718. We are also a company limited by guarantee, registered in Northern Ireland NI 634605.
This Privacy Notice explains what to expect when Hope365 collects and uses your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully and if you’d like to learn more about our data protection and privacy policies or get further clarification, please contact us directly we will be happy to assist.
Address: Data Protection Officer, Hope365, 11 The Square, Ballyclare, BT39 9BB. Phone: 028 9303 8792 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope365 is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. These laws will be updated in May 2018 to strengthen your rights to privacy and give you control over the personal information that organisations hold about you.
The areas covered are detailed below.
- How we collect personal information
- The personal information we collect
- Why we collect your personal information
- Credit and debit card payment information
- Marketing permissions
- Who we share your information with
- How long we keep your data
- Your information rights and choices
- Reporting concerns or compliments
- Changes to this privacy notice
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We collect personal information in the following ways:
- Directly from you when you:
- Make a donation;
- Visit our website. Please see our Cookies section for more information;
- Sign up to join and become part of our incredible family of volunteers;
- Register to take part in our exciting challenges, free events;
- Request for resources to share about Blythswood Ireland work
- Contact us with an enquiry;
- Complete a survey;
- Are a church leader and/or have a key role in a church working in partnership with Hope365;
- Register to host a Hope365 event;
- Apply for a job to join our great team.
The personal information we collect
- Personal identifiers such as your title, name and year of birth;
- Contact details including postal address, post code, email and telephone number;
- Whether you are a UK tax payer;
- Records of your contact with us.
- Sensitive personal data
- The Data Protection Act recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data’. This includes, but is not limited to, information which reveals your religious beliefs, health issues, race or ethnic origin.
- Hope365 is a Christ-centred organisation committed to preserving its Christian ethos. Where necessary and consented to, we may collect details about your church affiliations and personal faith.
- Hope365 will always treat any sensitive personal data we process with greater care and process the information in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To reclaim tax on Gift Aid donations, if applicable.
- To verify that you are over 18 and if not, obtain permission from your parent/guardian to process your information or accept any regular donations.
- To provide online access to information about your sponsored child and the opportunity to write and receive letters electronically.
- When you visit our website, we may gather information about which pages you visit to help us improve and provide you with the best service.
- To determine and improve the effectiveness of our website and marketing campaigns.
- To create and steward effective partnerships with UK Churches .
- To keep you informed about our work. Please see more details in the Marketing Permissions section.
- To enable us to contact you with relevant and the most appropriate information. Please see more details in the Fundraising section.
- To manage and co-ordinate our volunteers.
- For compliance with employment law and other statutory requirements.
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD PAYMENT INFORMATION
- When you make a donation to us online, Hope365 ensures that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. We do not take payments directly by credit or debit card and use Pay Pal as our third party payment partner. Therefore, we do not receive any card information from our donors.
- We love sharing news about how your support is changing the lives of children, families and communities in the name of Jesus. This includes sending you information about our work, news, appeals, campaigns, events, information on volunteering and prayer requests.
- Email and text marketing:
We will ask for your permission to contact you by email or text for marketing purposes.
- Postal marketing: From time to time we may send you information about our work unless you have told us you would prefer not to receive this information by post. If you have registered with the Mail Preference Service (MPS), we will only send you marketing communication by post if you have given us permission to do so
- Hope365 is committed to respecting your choice to receive marketing information. You can update your permission and contact preferences at any time by: Calling our friendly team on 028 9303 8792
- Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link included in each email communication we send
- Hope365 delivers vital interventions beyond the needs addressed through projects designed to elevate poverty, provide education or spread the Gospel.
- Fundraising is essential for Hope365 to make a lasting difference in the lives of street kids in Ethiopia. To fundraise more efficiently and steward our resources with integrity and excellence, we conduct research to gain a better understanding of our supporters. This helps us to personalise our funding requests for supporters with the interest and ability to support our non-sponsorship interventions. The research involves compiling information you’ve provided to us with general information from
- Publicly available sources: This may include information found from sources such as Companies House and other information that has been published in articles/newspapers.
- Social Media: You may give permission for your information to be viewed publicly depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like LinkedIn
- Important note: We will not undertake any such research activities for fundraising purposes were it is made clear that is it a one off donation
- You can contact us at any time to opt-out of your personal information being processed in this way by emailing or calling us on 028 9303 8792
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
- Hope365 do not share any information collected with any other organisation.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
- Hope365 will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements. For example, HMRC requires that we keep a record of your name, address and Gift Aid declaration for six years from the date of your last donation. Where the information is no longer required, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner.
- If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us in the future, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure we avoid contacting you any further.
YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- The Data Protection Act (DPA) gives you the right:
- To request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information Hope365 holds about you.
- To correct or update your personal information processed by Hope365.
- To request Hope365 to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing.
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) gives you the right:
- To choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, text or telephone. Please see the Marketing Permissions section for more information about how to change or update your contact permissions and preferences.
- To know about the cookies Hope365 uses, so that you can decide whether to give us permission to store a cookie on your device. Please see the Cookies section for more information.
- For more information about your information rights visit
Reporting concerns or complaints
- Please contact us if you wish to raise a concern about Hope365’s handling of your personal information, or compliment what you think we have done well.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
- Hope365 reviews its privacy notice regularly. The terms of this notice may be updated at any time for example, in the event of changes in law and how we operate. Please do check our website from time to time. If there are any significant changes in the way we process your personal information, we will provide a prominent notice on our website or send a notification. This notice was last updated in May 2020.
- Thank you from everyone at Hope365 for your fantastic support.
- Here is a brief overview of the types of cookies we use on the hopefurniture.org website, which consist of four categories:
- Cookies to improve your experience – we use a small number of cookies on our website to help you get the best experience.
- Analytics – Examples include Google Analytics. Google Analytics cookies collect information about how visitors use a website and help us to continually improve our blog. For instance, which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. Hope 365 uses this data to help us to understand: which pages people visit on the site, which internet browsers are being used, what is popular on our website, which pages on the website are visited before people donate.
- How to manage your cookie settings
- Many web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari, will allow some control over cookies through their settings. To manage your cookie settings, please refer to your browser software. For more information about cookies and how to delete them, visit or
- Acceptance of cookie use